Hey guys, FiddleTwix here with a few site updates before the holiday season.
– We’re going to be getting a facelift for this place sometime after New Years. I feel like we need to freshen our look a bit so I’ll be sifting through themes to find a good fit. This theme has been good to the Madhouse through these past couple of years, but not only time for a change, but it’s also a little necessary.
For some reason, when I switched the header image over during Halloween, the whole page kinda squished. I thought it was just something to do with the new image file, but no matter what I did to it, it wouldn’t revert back to the size it was before. Even replacing it with the old banner didn’t fix it. I dunno.
– I am going to be updating more frequently on a new schedule of Sunday, Tuesday and Friday. I have a backlog of stuff to post, and I really want to get through some of it. My current two post per week set up just isn’t cutting it.
– I am going to be graduating from college around March of next year, and with this graduation will likely come a big job hunt because student loans and health insurance and blah. My current ‘job’ won’t cut it for my monthly payments, so, in somewhat contrast to the previous update, my posts may become sporadic around this time. Depending on what job I get and when, my posting schedule may also need to be altered. I will update when this occurs.
– I will probably be posting Sub/Dub Comparisons on the Pokemon movies also sometime around New Years. I have been working on these on a very small forum for years and I think I’ve gotten far enough ahead on them for finally start posting here. I just recently finished Movie 08, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. These posts work a little differently than my other SDCs. Instead of just making one post pointing out the differences, I completely review, step-by-step, the dubbed movie and then do the same for the Japanese version. In essence, these are SDCs mostly in reviewing their quality differences due to the English dubbing. Dogasu from Bulbagarden already has full and more comprehensive comparisons that I will link to in every review.
These movie reviews also come with the bonus of Pokemon shorties. Remember those short films that would precede the movies? Those get reviewed as well. I only review the shorts once, though, since A) it’s hard as hell to find both the English and Japanese versions of these shorts, B) there’s not much to note in regards to differences anyway and C) some of the shorts aren’t even available in both versions. Hell, some aren’t available period. For those movies that don’t have shorts alongside them, I review standalone Pokemon shorts.
– I will do my damnedest to plow through Tokyo Mew Mew SDC this month because I finished it months ago and I really want to get on reviewing the second half (IE the undubbed half) soon to finally finish it off completely.
– As for holiday related stuff, there will be one Thanksgiving post made the week of Thanksgiving. This year’s A Very Animated Holiday Special will start on December 1st and I hope to, at the very least, have a new post up every couple of days. I don’t even know where to start on this one, but I’m looking forward to it.
– I recently reached 200 official followers on WordPress a few days ago.
Thank all of my followers and anyone giving this a read for checking out my blog and liking/commenting! You guys make this place a lot more fun. 🙂
That’s all for now. Here’s to more bloggin’!